Havi Carel e Ulrika Maude (Department of Philosophy, University of Bristol) organizzano, a partire dall'11 febbraio 2014, una serie di incontri seminariali, Philosophy of Medicine and Medical Humanities talks, presso il Dipartimento di Filosofia dell'Università di Bristol.
Philosophy of Medicine and Medical Humanities talks, Term II, University of Bristol
- 11/2 Clare Hanson (Southampton), Epigenetics, Plasticity and Identity in Jackie Kay's Red Dust Road (MH)
- 19/2 Christian Skirke (Amsterdam), Empathy and reflection (Phil Med)
- 11/3 Lisa Bortolotti (Birmingham), Can distorted memories be epistemically innocent? (Phil Med)
- 18/3 Neil Vickers (King’s College London), The Psychic Aura of Physical Illness (MH)
- 30/4 Matthew Ratcliffe (Durham), Clinical Empathy (Phil Med)
- 20/5 Sander Gilman (Emory), Imagining Death: Representations as Lived Reality (MH), (this talks concludes the Medical Humanities Regional Workshop and will be held in Peel Lecture Theatre, School of Geographical Sciences. The lecture will be followed by a drinks reception at 18:30 in the Hepple Lecture Theatre, funded by the Welcome Trust.)
Medical Humanities Seminars take place on Tuesdays, 5-6.30, in the Verdon-Smith room, Royal Fort House (except the talk on 20/5), and are kindly supported by the Faculty of Arts Research Cluster Fund and the Institute for Advanced Study.
Philosophy of Medicine Seminars take place on Wednesday, 4.30-6 (except the talk on 11/3), in G.16 (Nurses' Room), Cotham House, and are kindly supported by the Department of Philosophy.
The seminars are organised by Havi Carel (Philosophy) and Ulrika Maude (English). For more information please contact Havi Carel (email@example.com)
Dr Havi Hannah Carel
Senior Lecturer in Philosophy
Department of Philosophy
University of Bristol